Sunday, February 24, 2013

Llama Llama Red Pajama



I did my book talk on Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney.
It is about a little Llama who misses his mama shortly after she tucks him into bed to go to sleep.  She begins to do some house work as he calls out to her.  When she doesn't respond right away Llama Llama red pajama begins to panic and act dramatically.  His mama reminds him that there is no need to act that way because mama loves him.
The story is told in a rhyme and highlights certain vocabulary words.  Even though the story itself doesn't have any certain lessons that can be learned in a classroom (besides being patient) there are vocabulary words that can be discussed such as 'fret' or 'tizzy.'
I really enjoyed this book and found myself being able to easily relate because as a child I was literally attached to my moms hip and constantly worried when I wasn't near her.
I found this cool video of some people singing the story. 
:LL

2 comments:

  1. I feel so sad for the llama because he gets so upset and worried. Thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet book. I think patience is a very important lesson to learn. It is nice to discuss uncommon words like "fret" or "tizzy" because most kids would have no clue what they meant if they heard them later in life. Maybe some parents would appreciate you reading this book to their children. Thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete